Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default merge function does not work

Hi, I tried to merge some cells, but the merge function was greyed out. I
tried unsharing the document, but the worksheet still does not me to make
change. any suggestions?
--
Thanks a lot!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Be grateful. Merged cells are the spawn of the devil.
You'll see countless examples in the archives of this group of problems
caused by merged cells, and suggestions of better alternatives in many cases
(such as the alignment option "Center across selection").
--
David Biddulph

"Kevin" wrote in message
Hi, I tried to merge some cells, but the merge function was greyed out. I
tried unsharing the document, but the worksheet still does not me to make
change. any suggestions?
--
Thanks a lot!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Protected sheet?

More than one sheet selected?

I would consider myself fortunate if I could not merge cells.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP