-   -   merge function does not work (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/244885-merge-function-does-not-work.html)

Kevin

merge function does not work

Hi, I tried to merge some cells, but the merge function was greyed out. I
tried unsharing the document, but the worksheet still does not me to make
change. any suggestions?
--
Thanks a lot!

David Biddulph[_2_]

merge function does not work

Be grateful. Merged cells are the spawn of the devil.
You'll see countless examples in the archives of this group of problems
caused by merged cells, and suggestions of better alternatives in many cases
(such as the alignment option "Center across selection").
--
David Biddulph

"Kevin" wrote in message
Hi, I tried to merge some cells, but the merge function was greyed out. I
tried unsharing the document, but the worksheet still does not me to make
change. any suggestions?
--
Thanks a lot!

Otto Moehrbach[_2_]

merge function does not work

"Kevin" wrote in message
Hi, I tried to merge some cells, but the merge function was greyed out. I
tried unsharing the document, but the worksheet still does not me to make
change. any suggestions?
--
Thanks a lot!

Gord Dibben

merge function does not work

Protected sheet?

More than one sheet selected?

I would consider myself fortunate if I could not merge cells.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 7 Oct 2009 14:38:03 -0700, Kevin
wrote:

Hi, I tried to merge some cells, but the merge function was greyed out. I
tried unsharing the document, but the worksheet still does not me to make
change. any suggestions?

chkode chemom

merge function does not work

You have a shared work book. You need to stop sharing the workbook to be able to do that change. You can do that by going to REVIEW tab then click on SHARE WORKBOOK and untick the allow changes by more than one user at the same time box.