Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mj mj is offline

Default how to drag down Fill Color selector in Excel 2007?

can't get the Fill Color window to stay open as in earlier versions of Excel;
great nuisance to have to open it each time I need to color cells
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Don't get it.

In EXCEL 2007 Home / Font group / Fill Color is part of the Ribbon so easily
available without needing to re-open it each time.

"mj" wrote:

can't get the Fill Color window to stay open as in earlier versions of Excel;
great nuisance to have to open it each time I need to color cells

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You have to click on the control in the ribbon to redisplay the palette,
because it closes every time you use it.

In earlier versions you could actually drag the palette off the toolbar
and place it next to where you were working.

This change was one of the "enhancements" that the 2007 UI astronauts
imposed on us. Impediments is more like it, because it contributes to
the overall productivity decline among Excel 2007 users.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.