Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Cells not showing all the text

I had already asked this, but the thread fell into oblivion, so here I go
again:

I use a spreadsheet to keep track of some tasks and sometimes the text gets a
bit long with all the description that is included, causing Excel not to show
the full content of the cell, even though cells are formated to "Wrap Text"
and I had dragged the bottom margin of the specific cell farther down.

My work around has been to press Alt Enter to cause a line break (sometimes
at several points of a single task) and this way the text is shown complete.

Is there a way I can avoid this annoyance or is this some kind of limitation
of Excel?

Jorge E Jaramillo

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You had a couple of replies to your original post.

See help on "specifications" to see that it is a limitation.

Alt + Enter is the only way to increase the 1024 visible limit although if
you were to use small enough font you can increase some more.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 6 Oct 2009 12:28:03 -0700, Jorge E. Jaramillo
wrote:

I had already asked this, but the thread fell into oblivion, so here I go
again:

I use a spreadsheet to keep track of some tasks and sometimes the text gets a
bit long with all the description that is included, causing Excel not to show
the full content of the cell, even though cells are formated to "Wrap Text"
and I had dragged the bottom margin of the specific cell farther down.

My work around has been to press Alt Enter to cause a line break (sometimes
at several points of a single task) and this way the text is shown complete.

Is there a way I can avoid this annoyance or is this some kind of limitation
of Excel?

Jorge E Jaramillo

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

When you don't get a satisfactory "fix" best you stay in the original thread
so's we know that you are not satified with the truth.

Gord