Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jorge E. Jaramillo Jorge E. Jaramillo is offline

Default Cells not showing all the text

Thanks for your answer.

I saw the replies to my original post, but they did not fix the problem.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

You had a couple of replies to your original post.

See help on "specifications" to see that it is a limitation.

Alt + Enter is the only way to increase the 1024 visible limit although if
you were to use small enough font you can increase some more.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 6 Oct 2009 12:28:03 -0700, Jorge E. Jaramillo
wrote:

I had already asked this, but the thread fell into oblivion, so here I go
again:

I use a spreadsheet to keep track of some tasks and sometimes the text gets a
bit long with all the description that is included, causing Excel not to show
the full content of the cell, even though cells are formated to "Wrap Text"
and I had dragged the bottom margin of the specific cell farther down.

My work around has been to press Alt Enter to cause a line break (sometimes
at several points of a single task) and this way the text is shown complete.

Is there a way I can avoid this annoyance or is this some kind of limitation
of Excel?

Jorge E Jaramillo