Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Creating a button in Macro

I am trying to create a button or check mark so that when a user presses it a
number will appear, but when they 'deselect' the button or check mark that
number should become a 0 or a blank cell. I am very new to excel (as you can
probably tell) so any help would be amazing.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Although what you describe is very simple, the fact that you're new to Excel
makes it a little harder. So we'll start out with something slightly
different and (maybe) work up to what you're trying to do. So we'll start by
creating two macros - one to put the number in the cell and one to clear it
out. Later on we can get to the button. The first step is to learn how to
create a macro - and the way to start is to record a macro. In Excel 2007
you may need to enable macros first - check the help button (F1) for help on
any of these steps. Then you want to record a macro - Excel will record your
keystrokes as you create the macro. So to record a macro go to "View -
Macros - Record Macro" - give your macro a name (no spaces) and assign a
keystroke such as "CTRL I" - this is on the first screen. - then click "OK"
Then put the value "1" in cell A1 - hit enter - and then go to "View - Macro
- Stop Recording" Now if you erase cell A1 and hit the keystroke combination
"CTRL I" a 1 will be put in cell A1. - So that's lesson 1 - create a macro
to insert a "1" and create another macro to erase the cell (use a different
keystroke combination). So see if you can get that far - then we can start
with buttons.