Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default IF function

You can only add 7 conditions. What do you do if you have more then 7? Is
there another function?

Thanks,
Kristin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel 2007, or use an alternative such as VLOOKUP if that suits your
problem.
Or reformulate your formula.
What are you trying to do?
--
David Biddulph

"mygsdsni" wrote in message
You can only add 7 conditions. What do you do if you have more then 7?
Is
there another function?

Thanks,
Kristin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sure.

Column G are different years in no paricular order, i.e; 1997, 1999, 2002,
2008

I need column H to choose a name that is not listed in this worksheet,
rather one I assign so I am not sure that I can use vlookup, i.e; IF
1997"Voigt", IF 1998 "Voigt", IF 1999"Chifflard", IF 2000"Voigt", IF
2001"Voigt", IF 2002 "Wuttge" etc. There are a number of years and names.

"mygsdsni" wrote:

You can only add 7 conditions. What do you do if you have more then 7? Is
there another function?

Thanks,
Kristin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,
If you want to assign the name to the year, you need somewhere to have the
years and beside it the names, let's say that you have a worksheet called
Names and in column A you have the years and in column B the names you assign
then in your worksheet column H enter the formula

=INDEX(Names!$a$1:$a$100,MATCH(g2,Names!$B$1:$B$10 0,0))

copy the formula down

"mygsdsni" wrote:

You can only add 7 conditions. What do you do if you have more then 7? Is
there another function?

Thanks,
Kristin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Okay. I copied this formula in, found the worksheet and sheet number to
refer to and the formula changed to this
=INDEX([Names]Sheet2!$B$1:$B$100,MATCH(G2,[Names]Sheet2!$A$1:$A$100,0))

and the column reslts are #N/A

"mygsdsni" wrote:

You can only add 7 conditions. What do you do if you have more then 7? Is
there another function?

Thanks,
Kristin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,
yesterday I had to leave, one question is your sheet called in that way
Names Sheet2, you need to enter the name exactly as you see in the tab, 2nd
question is your range 1 to 100 you need to change it to fit your needs,
column B in the names sheet should contain the names and column A the
years, column A needs to be the same format as cell G2, no spaces or anything
else

"mygsdsni" wrote:

You can only add 7 conditions. What do you do if you have more then 7? Is
there another function?

Thanks,
Kristin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,
send it to sheilapineiro@hotmail, enter in the email an example of the
results you are looking for

"mygsdsni" wrote:

You can only add 7 conditions. What do you do if you have more then 7? Is
there another function?

Thanks,
Kristin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Eduardo, thank you so much. It was the sheet name that was a problem. I may
be pushing my luck with this question, but I have a line skipped in my
worksheet in between each data row. This results with a #N/A in my column H
since there is no year data for it to refer to. Any way to get it to
reference to and leave a blank?