Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default keeping format of a referenced cell

Dear experts,
I have a workbook where I reference cells from one worksheet to the other.
Ex. Cell A1 of Sheet2: "=Sheet1!A3"
My challenge is that I would like not only to have the value of the
referenced cell, which I have without problems, but also keep the format of
the referenced cell (in the above case, cell A3 in Sheet1)

Could you please help me?
Many thanks,
Kind regards
--
Valeria
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sorry, using formulas you cannot get the format of the referenced cell..

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Valeria" wrote:

Dear experts,
I have a workbook where I reference cells from one worksheet to the other.
Ex. Cell A1 of Sheet2: "=Sheet1!A3"
My challenge is that I would like not only to have the value of the
referenced cell, which I have without problems, but also keep the format of
the referenced cell (in the above case, cell A3 in Sheet1)

Could you please help me?
Many thanks,
Kind regards
--
Valeria

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This is not possible. The closest you can come is to copy the cell directly,
or setup a macro to copy the cell every time you make a change (I don't
recommend this!). As formatting is usually a static variable (it doesn't
change often) would it be possible for you to first copy the cells over, and
then create the formula links?
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Valeria" wrote:

Dear experts,
I have a workbook where I reference cells from one worksheet to the other.
Ex. Cell A1 of Sheet2: "=Sheet1!A3"
My challenge is that I would like not only to have the value of the
referenced cell, which I have without problems, but also keep the format of
the referenced cell (in the above case, cell A3 in Sheet1)

Could you please help me?
Many thanks,
Kind regards
--
Valeria

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello,
thanks, unforutnately this is not possible. The format of cell changes every
month depending on different inputs.... this is why I wanted to reflect it
automatically.

Thanks,
--
Valeria

"Valeria" wrote:

Dear experts,
I have a workbook where I reference cells from one worksheet to the other.
Ex. Cell A1 of Sheet2: "=Sheet1!A3"
My challenge is that I would like not only to have the value of the
referenced cell, which I have without problems, but also keep the format of
the referenced cell (in the above case, cell A3 in Sheet1)

Could you please help me?
Many thanks,
Kind regards
--
Valeria

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If format of source cell is due to Conditional Formatting, CF the
destination cell the same.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP