Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Eliminating unwanted columns and eEntering data using Barcode Scan

This is a two part question. First is how do I eliminate all the excess
columns to the right of my worksheet? I have done it once before but can't
remember how. I only have four columns across the width of the page and I
don't want to see all the unwanted cells. I think this would help during
data entry to enable an automatic return to the first cell in the next row
which... is my second question. The scanner is set up to enter data and tab
to the next cell automatically. I am trying to eliminate all key strokes so
I only need to do use the scanner.
Suggestions?
Using Excel 2007
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

--Select all columns to the right from ColE. Select ColE hit Ctrl+Shift+Right
arrow to select. From menu FormatColumnHide

--Select the sheet tab which you want to work with. Right click the sheet
tab and click on 'View Code'. This will launch VBE. Paste the below code to
the right blank portion. Get back to to workbook and try out.

If Target.Column = 4 Then
Range("A" & Target.Row + 1).Activate
Else
Target.Offset(, 1).Activate

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"edmg1man" wrote:

This is a two part question. First is how do I eliminate all the excess
columns to the right of my worksheet? I have done it once before but can't
remember how. I only have four columns across the width of the page and I
don't want to see all the unwanted cells. I think this would help during
data entry to enable an automatic return to the first cell in the next row
which... is my second question. The scanner is set up to enter data and tab
to the next cell automatically. I am trying to eliminate all key strokes so
I only need to do use the scanner.
Suggestions?
Using Excel 2007

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Eliminating unwanted columns and eEntering data using Barcode

Thanks for the info. The Hide columns part worked fine but I had no success
with the View code but it does give me some idea of where to start searching
and playing around with some other form of code. Thanks again