Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default I can't find the *.XLB file for Excel 2007

A workbook modified my Home toolbar in Excel 2007 and I am trying to put it
back to the default toolbar. I viewed similar questions in the discussion
posts and all said to find the *.XLB file and rename it; Excel would then
rebuild the file with default settings. I can't find the *.XLB file after
searching the entire C: drive, including hidden/system/etc.

Can anyone offer advice with finding the XLB file or with another way to put
the default home toolbar back?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

No *.xlb for 2007 version.

Excel.QAT is what you want to delete..........Excel will re-build it but you
will lose any customizations.

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application
Data\Microsoft\OFFICE

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 3 Oct 2009 13:13:01 -0700, Bill
wrote:

A workbook modified my Home toolbar in Excel 2007 and I am trying to put it
back to the default toolbar. I viewed similar questions in the discussion
posts and all said to find the *.XLB file and rename it; Excel would then
rebuild the file with default settings. I can't find the *.XLB file after
searching the entire C: drive, including hidden/system/etc.

Can anyone offer advice with finding the XLB file or with another way to put
the default home toolbar back?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

No true gord. There a excel12.xlb in my Application Data\Microsoft\Excel
folder. this hold data i think about things added to add-ins tab and also
custom items put on popup menus with macro like Cell menu.

for proof try run this - CommandBars("cell").Controls.Add.Caption = "abc"
then close excel and you see xlb file created or date change and when you
open xl again you see abc still there on cell menu.

wrote:

A workbook modified my Home toolbar in Excel 2007 and I am trying to put
it
back to the default toolbar. I viewed similar questions in the discussion
posts and all said to find the *.XLB file and rename it; Excel would then
rebuild the file with default settings. I can't find the *.XLB file after
searching the entire C: drive, including hidden/system/etc.

Can anyone offer advice with finding the XLB file or with another way to
put
the default home toolbar back?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Simon.

Maybe some day I'll be up to speed with 2007<g

By that time we'll have 2010 to learn.

Gord

On Sun, 4 Oct 2009 17:02:19 +0100, Simon Lloyd
wrote:

FYI, Excel.xlb is the toolbar file and Excel.qat Quick Access Toolbar
file more info can be found here 'How to troubleshoot Excel 2007
startup problems' (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919196)

wrote:

A workbook modified my Home toolbar in Excel 2007 and I am trying to

put
it
back to the default toolbar. I viewed similar questions in the

discussion
posts and all said to find the *.XLB file and rename it; Excel would

then
rebuild the file with default settings. I can't find the *.XLB file

after
searching the entire C: drive, including hidden/system/etc.

Can anyone offer advice with finding the XLB file or with another

way to
put
the default home toolbar back?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Bill

Is your Home tab is changed or you Quick Access Toolbar ?

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm