Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I auto highlight the row and column I'm working on?

My spreadsheet is so large that it would be easier for me if the program
automatically highlighted the column and row I am working on. Does anyone
know if that's possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

As long as you're not using any other color scheme, right-click the sheet
tab, select View Code, enter this:
Cells.Interior.ColorIndex = 0
Target.EntireColumn.Interior.ColorIndex = 6
Target.EntireRow.Interior.ColorIndex = 6
End Sub

"Cindy P" <Cindy wrote in message
My spreadsheet is so large that it would be easier for me if the program
automatically highlighted the column and row I am working on. Does anyone
know if that's possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
KC KC is offline

Thanks for this question, was helpful for me as well to think through the
solution.

Insert 2 lines (place is anywhere on your sheet)
from Insert Pictures Auto Shapes
double click on the line and set the line color to BLUE and increase the
weight to 2.25 or any thickness you think is prominent.

then right-click the sheet tab View Code enter the below code:

'Beginning of code
ActiveSheet.Shapes("Line 1").Left = ActiveCell.Left
ActiveSheet.Shapes("Line 1").Top = ActiveCell.Top - 10
ActiveSheet.Shapes("Line 1").Height = ActiveCell.Height + 20
ActiveSheet.Shapes("Line 1").Width = 0

ActiveSheet.Shapes("Line 2").Left = ActiveCell.Left - 10
ActiveSheet.Shapes("Line 2").Top = ActiveCell.Top
ActiveSheet.Shapes("Line 2").Height = 0
ActiveSheet.Shapes("Line 2").Width = ActiveCell.Width + 20
End Sub

'End of Code

the above code would work assuming that the 2 lines you added was the only
first two lines in your workbook, else we need to find the right line name
and add it.

-kc
*Click YES if this helps