Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default auto highlight and auto border

I have a worksheet that when i enter data in their respective cells, it
automatically fills it with a highlight and border line. I don't see any
conditional formatting nor is the track changes enabled. What's causing this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Is this happening adjacent to cells with similar formatting? See if this
works: Tools-Options-Edit, uncheck "Extend list formats and formulas"

"el zorro" wrote:

I have a worksheet that when i enter data in their respective cells, it
automatically fills it with a highlight and border line. I don't see any
conditional formatting nor is the track changes enabled. What's causing this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

We have a user who also gets this behaviour (ie edit any cell - border
appears around the cell, although cell format = no cell formatting.

Also saving + reopening = edits retained and cell 'border' no longer visible.
It's very similar to Track Changes, although as per el zoro's post, track
changes is not switched on.

NB this is in Excel 2000.

Any info on this would be gratefully received.

"el zorro" wrote:

I have a worksheet that when i enter data in their respective cells, it
automatically fills it with a highlight and border line. I don't see any
conditional formatting nor is the track changes enabled. What's causing this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

TechAuthorAndy's problem was that in Page Setup in the Sheet Tab
"Gridlines" was checked. Found this thread on google when I had the
same problem.

Mookey