Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default sharing cell values

I have a spreadsheet with 2 tabs and I need the values from the first sheet
to automatically fill in on the 2nd sheet. what is the formula to share cell
values from one tab to another?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
KC KC is offline

say you want A1 in sheet2 to show the value of A1 from sheet1 then
use the below formula in Sheet2 A1
=Sheet1!A1

-kc
*Click YES if this helps

"laurah" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with 2 tabs and I need the values from the first sheet
to automatically fill in on the 2nd sheet. what is the formula to share cell
values from one tab to another?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
KC KC is offline

Good!
now, once your done with first step.
i.e., A1 in Sheet2 has the formula =Sheet1!A1

place your cursor near the bottom right corner of the A1 cell, you will get
a small plus sign, click and hold onto it and drag it to as many columns you
want and the release the mouse (don't click anywhere else), again hold the
plus sign and drag it to as many rows you want.

this should copy the formulas across all the cells you have draggred.

-kc
*Click YES if this helps

"laurah" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with 2 tabs and I need the values from the first sheet
to automatically fill in on the 2nd sheet. what is the formula to share cell
values from one tab to another?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

my fault, i wasn't clear. first cell is =sheet1!A1, but the next one needs
to be =sheet1!A2, then the next =sheet1!A3 etc. is it cell by cell then, or
just copying this formula and going back and changing that one number?
thanks for your help, i have been searching the site for 3 hrs now trying to
find on my own!

"laurah" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with 2 tabs and I need the values from the first sheet
to automatically fill in on the 2nd sheet. what is the formula to share cell
values from one tab to another?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

okay, now that i have the formulas in place, how do i get sheet 2 to
automatically update when i change the values in sheet 1?

"KC" wrote:

no problem!
you're welcome.

-kc

"laurah" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with 2 tabs and I need the values from the first sheet
to automatically fill in on the 2nd sheet. what is the formula to share cell
values from one tab to another?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
KC KC is offline

I think it should automatically update, else you can hit F9 to force update
the sheets, or
Tools Options Calculation tab select Automatic OK

-kc
*Click YES if this helps

"laurah" wrote:

okay, now that i have the formulas in place, how do i get sheet 2 to
automatically update when i change the values in sheet 1?

"KC" wrote:

no problem!
you're welcome.

-kc

"laurah" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with 2 tabs and I need the values from the first sheet
to automatically fill in on the 2nd sheet. what is the formula to share cell
values from one tab to another?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I must be missing something. nothing happens at all when I hit f9. it is
already set to automatic. does it matter that sheet 1 have different
formulas? i just need the calculated values to transfer though.

"laurah" wrote:

okay, now that i have the formulas in place, how do i get sheet 2 to
automatically update when i change the values in sheet 1?

"KC" wrote:

no problem!
you're welcome.

-kc

"laurah" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with 2 tabs and I need the values from the first sheet
to automatically fill in on the 2nd sheet. what is the formula to share cell
values from one tab to another?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
KC KC is offline

It should change even if Sheet1 has different formulas....

say you have below values in Sheet1
1 100
2 500
3 =SUM(A1:A2)

and in Sheet2 A1 you have the formula
=Sheet1!A3

then if you change A1 or A2 in Sheet1, the total in A3 in sheet1 will change
and so will the value in Sheet2 A1 will change to show whatever is in A3 of
sheet1.

is it something similar your trying to do?

can you share with me the formula that your trying to use in sheet2 and what
is value in sheet1 which is not updating automatically?

Thanks,
-kc
*Click YES if this helps

"laurah" wrote:

okay, now that i have the formulas in place, how do i get sheet 2 to
automatically update when i change the values in sheet 1?

"KC" wrote:

no problem!
you're welcome.

-kc