Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
LauraH LauraH is offline

Default sharing cell values

my fault, i wasn't clear. first cell is =sheet1!A1, but the next one needs
to be =sheet1!A2, then the next =sheet1!A3 etc. is it cell by cell then, or
just copying this formula and going back and changing that one number?
thanks for your help, i have been searching the site for 3 hrs now trying to
find on my own!

"KC" wrote:

Good!
now, once your done with first step.
i.e., A1 in Sheet2 has the formula =Sheet1!A1

place your cursor near the bottom right corner of the A1 cell, you will get
a small plus sign, click and hold onto it and drag it to as many columns you
want and the release the mouse (don't click anywhere else), again hold the
plus sign and drag it to as many rows you want.

this should copy the formulas across all the cells you have draggred.

-kc
*Click YES if this helps

"laurah" wrote:

Awesome, this worked. Now is there anyway I can do a column at a time, or
do I have to do each individual cell separately?

"KC" wrote:

say you want A1 in sheet2 to show the value of A1 from sheet1 then
use the below formula in Sheet2 A1
=Sheet1!A1

-kc
*Click YES if this helps

"laurah" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with 2 tabs and I need the values from the first sheet
to automatically fill in on the 2nd sheet. what is the formula to share cell
values from one tab to another?