Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Change the Function Keys

I’ve been able to change the function keys in Word and assigned them
to different macros that I use often, but I haven’t been able to do
the same in Excel. For example, I want to be able to assign sorting
the entire workbook by a certain column to (Ctrl+F3) or running a
macro to (Alt+F8).
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

JonnieMN wrote:
Ive been able to change the function keys in Word and assigned them
to different macros that I use often, but I havent been able to do
the same in Excel. For example, I want to be able to assign sorting
the entire workbook by a certain column to (Ctrl+F3) or running a
macro to (Alt+F8).

Hi ,
Go to:
ToolsMacroMacroOptions and fill in the Keys that you want.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Oct 2, 10:49*am, "sidm via OfficeKB.com" <u38329@uwe wrote:
JonnieMN wrote:
I’ve been able to change the function keys in Word and assigned them
to different macros that I use often, but I haven’t been able to do
the same in Excel. *For example, I want to be able to assign sorting
the entire workbook by a certain column to (Ctrl+F3) or running a
macro to (Alt+F8).

Hi ,
Go to:
ToolsMacroMacroOptions and fill in the Keys that you want.
Thanks.

Is that a tab? I don't see it anywhere.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

JonnieMN wrote:
I’ve been able to change the function keys in Word and assigned them
to different macros that I use often, but I haven’t been able to do
the same in Excel. *For example, I want to be able to assign sorting
the entire workbook by a certain column to (Ctrl+F3) or running a
macro to (Alt+F8).

Hi ,
Go to:
ToolsMacroMacroOptions and fill in the Keys that you want.
Thanks.

Sorry, I did find the function; but the options are greyed out and I
can't change them. Is there some sharing or trusting of macros that I
need to have selected?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't think you can assign the ctrl-F keys using the
Tools|Macro|macros|select the macro|click options button
dialog

You could assign it another key (like ctrl-X (ctrl-shift-x))

If you want to assign the F keys, you'll need code:

Option Explicit
Sub auto_open()
'plain old F4 key
Application.OnKey "{F4}", "testme1"
'ctrl-F4
Application.OnKey "^{F4}", "testme2"
End Sub
Sub auto_Close()
Application.OnKey "{F4}"
Application.OnKey "^{F4}"
End Sub
Sub testme1()
MsgBox "hi there from F4"
End Sub
Sub testme2()
MsgBox "hi there from ctrl-F4"
End Sub

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dave Peterson wrote:
[...]

IÂ’ve been able to change the function keys in Word and assigned them
to different macros that I use often, but I havenÂ’t been able to do
the same in Excel. For example, I want to be able to assign sorting
the entire workbook by a certain column to (Ctrl+F3) or running a
macro to (Alt+F8).

Thanks Dave I misread the Question