Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default excel queries

1. I use a font that is not available on other systems, how do i save the
font also in a excel sheet for view and edit in any other systems?

2. there are text and numericals in a column at diferent cells. i want to
use a filter that can filter only the text to a adjacent empty column? how
can i accomplish this?
will some one of you help?
regards with thanks
Suresh. D
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

#1. Excel doesn't embed fonts like MSWord does. You'll have to give the font
(a legal font to distribute???) to each recipient who doesn't have it and
explain how to install that font into windows.

#2. I'd use a helper column with a formula in it:

=if(istext(a2),a2,"")

Then drag down.

If I had to make a contiguous range of just the text, I'd do the same thing.
Then I'd apply data|filter to that single column and delete the empty rows.

--

Dave Peterson