Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ah ah is offline

Default Excel queries

Hi;

Appreciate if someone could help me with this:

I have a spreadsheet that contains a column for the user to indicate whether
they want to "Update" or "delete" the request.

Please advice whether the following can be done:
a) When the user enter the value called "update" in the cell, then the excel
should automatically change the wordings in that row to "blue" color

b) When the user enter the value called "delete", then the excel should
strike through the whole row for me

Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

Conditional Formatting will do this. (FormatConditional Formatting in
Excel2000, HomeStylesConditional Formatting in Excel2007)

--
Arvi Laanemets
( My real mail address: arvi.laanemets<attarkon.ee )

"ah" wrote in message
Hi;

Appreciate if someone could help me with this:

I have a spreadsheet that contains a column for the user to indicate
whether
they want to "Update" or "delete" the request.

Please advice whether the following can be done:
a) When the user enter the value called "update" in the cell, then the
excel
should automatically change the wordings in that row to "blue" color

b) When the user enter the value called "delete", then the excel should
strike through the whole row for me

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Yes, both of those are easily achieved. Look up conditional formatting in
the help menu.

Dave

url:http://www.ureader.com/msg/104233521.aspx