Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2007 Pull Down List

Trying to figure out how to create a pull down list where multiple items can
be choosen from the list

thanks,
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Watch this 1 min video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-w5i...eature=related

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"aspenelk" wrote:

Trying to figure out how to create a pull down list where multiple items can
be choosen from the list

thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

For 2007; try
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DkoRjd_8L4

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"aspenelk" wrote:

Trying to figure out how to create a pull down list where multiple items can
be choosen from the list

thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

That did not cover how to select more than one item at a time from a pull
down list.

i.e. a pull down list has items: 1, 2, 3, 4

in it

I want to be able to select possibly items 1 & 3 at the same time as a choice

thanks

"aspenelk" wrote:

Trying to figure out how to create a pull down list where multiple items can
be choosen from the list

thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Download a sample DV workbook from Debra Dalgleish's site.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/excelfiles.html#DV0017

Note that you can have the selections in an adjacent cell or in the same
cell.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"aspenelk" wrote:

Trying to figure out how to create a pull down list where multiple items can
be choosen from the list

thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks I think this will work but I have an additional question, I've never
used viisual basic code with excel, how do I apply this code to a certain
cell or pull down list?

Thanks again

"aspenelk" wrote:

Trying to figure out how to create a pull down list where multiple items can
be choosen from the list

thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Take note of where Debra's DV dropdowns are located then look at the event
code behind the sheet to see where you should make changes to ranges.

If you downloaded the workbook you will see Debra has included 5 sheets.

One of these is "Lists" where the DV source lists are housed and is common
to all.

The other 4 sheets are examples of different types of returns......comma
separated, same cell etc.

Which of these would you want to use?

Where would your DV dropdowns live?

Gord