Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default linking to a hidden worksheet

My question is this, Is it possible to create a hyperlink to another
worksheet, while that worksheet is hidden. basically i have like 50 sheets
in my workbook, and i want to create a Table of contents on the first
worksheet that has links to the worksheet i need. I am trying to do this so
i dont have 50 worksheets at the bottom of the page to scroll through. Let
me know if there as any way around it.
Thanks,
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not a hyperlink, not to a hidden sheet. What you can have is a
Worksheet_SelectionChange event macro in the module of the sheet that has
the table of contents. Then when you click on a cell, whatever you want can
happen.
Post back if you need more. Include more information about how you want to
handle the situation wherein the user clicks on a sheet name, that sheet is
made visible and active, then the user returns to the table of contents
sheet and clicks on another sheet name. What do you want to happen to the
first, now visible, sheet? HTH Otto
"Soccerboy83" wrote in message
My question is this, Is it possible to create a hyperlink to another
worksheet, while that worksheet is hidden. basically i have like 50
sheets
in my workbook, and i want to create a Table of contents on the first
worksheet that has links to the worksheet i need. I am trying to do this
so
i dont have 50 worksheets at the bottom of the page to scroll through.
Let
me know if there as any way around it.
Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I would not hide the sheets, just have a method to navigate to the sheet you
want without scrolling.

You can right-click on the sheet navigation arrows and select from 15 sheets
or "more sheets".

Or you can build a Navigation Toolbar as per Dave's code on Debra
Dalgleish's site.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlToolbar01.html

Or see this google search thread for the BrowseSheets macro from Bob
Phillips.

http://tinyurl.com/yoa3dw

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP