Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default warning message

last time ill be asking today i promise

I have two columns eg A and B where figures will be entered they must match

Eg

A B
1 5 5
2 1 2
3 4 4

If the numbers dont match like in row A2 and B2 is there a way of gettinng a
warning message box telling them. then they will have to press ok to continue.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

highlight all cells, go to data Validation.

Select customer from the drop-down, enter =$A1=$B1

Set your warning message and type.

Make sure to ignore blanks so that the user can enter one of the cells
without warning.

"cufc1210" wrote:

last time ill be asking today i promise

I have two columns eg A and B where figures will be entered they must match

Eg

A B
1 5 5
2 1 2
3 4 4

If the numbers dont match like in row A2 and B2 is there a way of gettinng a
warning message box telling them. then they will have to press ok to continue.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Data ValidationCustom on column A

=A1=B1

Data ValidationCustom on column B

=B1=A1

Add an input message and/or error alert message informing users of the
limits.

NOTE: if you enter a number in A1 and B1 is blank you will not get a message

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP