-   -   warning message (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/244187-warning-message.html)

cufc1210

warning message

last time ill be asking today i promise

I have two columns eg A and B where figures will be entered they must match

Eg

A B
1 5 5
2 1 2
3 4 4

If the numbers dont match like in row A2 and B2 is there a way of gettinng a
warning message box telling them. then they will have to press ok to continue.

Thanks

Sean Timmons

warning message

highlight all cells, go to data Validation.

Select customer from the drop-down, enter =$A1=$B1

Set your warning message and type.

Make sure to ignore blanks so that the user can enter one of the cells
without warning.

"cufc1210" wrote:

last time ill be asking today i promise

I have two columns eg A and B where figures will be entered they must match

Eg

A B
1 5 5
2 1 2
3 4 4

If the numbers dont match like in row A2 and B2 is there a way of gettinng a
warning message box telling them. then they will have to press ok to continue.

Thanks

Gord Dibben

warning message

Data ValidationCustom on column A

=A1=B1

Data ValidationCustom on column B

=B1=A1

Add an input message and/or error alert message informing users of the
limits.

NOTE: if you enter a number in A1 and B1 is blank you will not get a message

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP