Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Custom Format for cells

Hi, I have a list of numbers that look like this list:

3564
9299
16743
23
294

I need to change them so they all look like this:

'%0003564%'
'%0009299%'
'%0016743%'
'%0000023%'
'%0000294%'

How do I do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Format cell, number tab, custom format:
"'%"0000000"%'"
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"NeedExcelHelp" wrote:

Hi, I have a list of numbers that look like this list:

3564
9299
16743
23
294

I need to change them so they all look like this:

'%0003564%'
'%0009299%'
'%0016743%'
'%0000023%'
'%0000294%'

How do I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

If you just want the % sign as decoration try this custom format

"%"0000000"%"

If you want the inverted commas as well

"'%"0000000"%'"

The underlying values is still the number you enter

Mike