-   -   Custom Format for cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/244162-custom-format-cells.html)

needexcelhelp

Custom Format for cells

Hi, I have a list of numbers that look like this list:

3564
9299
16743
23
294

I need to change them so they all look like this:

'%0003564%'
'%0009299%'
'%0016743%'
'%0000023%'
'%0000294%'

How do I do this?

Luke M

Custom Format for cells

Format cell, number tab, custom format:
"'%"0000000"%'"
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"NeedExcelHelp" wrote:

Hi, I have a list of numbers that look like this list:

3564
9299
16743
23
294

I need to change them so they all look like this:

'%0003564%'
'%0009299%'
'%0016743%'
'%0000023%'
'%0000294%'

How do I do this?

Mike H

Custom Format for cells

Hi,

If you just want the % sign as decoration try this custom format

"%"0000000"%"

If you want the inverted commas as well

"'%"0000000"%'"

The underlying values is still the number you enter

Mike