Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel Spreadsheet File Names not appearing on Task Bar

I am using Excel 2007 and when I have multiple spreadsheets open and parked
on the windows xp taskbar only the first one shows the full filename, the
rest just say Micorost Excel. Normally if you place the mouse pointer over
one of the files then its full name will appear in a popup above. Instead it
is now showing all files in the taskbar with just the MS Excel name so its
hard to tell which file does what without actually opening it.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Cole, I have tried to replicate your problem (in EXCEL 2007) and do not
get the same thing.

All files names show correctly.

A possible work-around for you might be to hit the Alt and tab key and get
the files (and their names) to display that way: you can also select the file
from there as well.

Not quite what you want but hope that it works and is a solution for the
problem that you have.

Please hit Yes if my comments have helped you.

Thanks.