JohnE

Default How can I disable the Task Pane from appearing

I want to disable the Task Pane from poping up with the clipboard viewer and
other options automatically. I have not found any option to accomplish this.

Thank you for your help.
Niek Otten

ToolsOptionsView, uncheck Startup Task Pane

--

Kind Regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel

"JohnE" wrote in message
I want to disable the Task Pane from poping up with the clipboard viewer
and
other options automatically. I have not found any option to accomplish
this.

Thank you for your help.

TimmyTwoBear

ToolsOptionsView, uncheck Startup Task Pane
This does not work. It still Pops up. Microsoft help says to click options
when it pops up to deactivate. However, it pops up the next time one selects
copy twice. Microsoft: I want the option to permanently diactivate the
display of the Paste task pain (pun intended.)

"JohnE" wrote in message
I want to disable the Task Pane from poping up with the clipboard viewer
and
other options automatically. I have not found any option to accomplish
this.

Thank you for your help.

Gord Dibben

Timmy

Try ToolsOptionsEdit. Uncheck "show paste options button".

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

"JohnE" wrote in message
I want to disable the Task Pane from poping up with the clipboard viewer
and
other options automatically. I have not found any option to accomplish
this.

Thank you for your help.

TimmyTwoBear

Gord.
Thanks for the suggestion, but I have that unchecked. Microsoft has numerous
task panes of that type that pop up that are a nusiance that have no way of
being disabled permenantly. I work with many people that are frustrated by
the lack of control of these "informational" tools that cause extra mousing
and clicking.

A suggestion: On each informational pane that pops up, put a selection
button that says "Don't show again" and mean it (by that I mean don't ever
show it again uless the users goes in the ToolsOptions and reselects it.) I
know the Paste task pane has a version of this option but it is over-ridden
somehow. In the case of the Paste Task Pane, I haven't talked to one analyst
that uses it and most are irritated that it shows up at all. Most don't care
to do pastes from copy commands 6 commands ago! Make it an option to show!

Another task pane that shows up is when one completes the Pivot Table and
the selections appear in a Task Pane. That is an irritant because the only
action I (and others, I'm sure) ever do with it is close it. If I want to
add to my Pivot Table, changes are a simple right click away. The way it is
now, I have to mouse and click to close the selection every time. That is a
waste of time. And I use Pivot tables a lot!

Thank you.

"JohnE" wrote in message
I want to disable the Task Pane from poping up with the clipboard viewer
and
other options automatically. I have not found any option to accomplish
this.

Thank you for your help.

Disable Query Refresh warning dialog box in Excel 2003 Jeff Koons Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 December 1st 05 04:08 PM
Task Pane Kevin New Users to Excel 0 March 23rd 05 05:21 PM
How do I access the Document recovery task pane in Excel AndyG Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 February 16th 05 03:21 AM
How to turn OFF the TASK PANE? [email protected] Setting up and Configuration of Excel 3 February 10th 05 06:58 PM
Freeze Pane problem in shared workbooks JM Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 February 1st 05 12:04 AM