Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Rank columns based on value in another column

Excel 2007 - I have a worksheet where column B is filled with random scores.
In column C I would like to have the corresponding score in column B ranked
against all the other scores in column B so it would rank each of the scores
between 1-10.

Example:
Column B Column C
9.56 2
10.12 1
8.11 4
8.99 3
etc.

If the value in column B changes (it sometimes does) then all the ranks in
column C should adjust accordingly. Is this possible?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Mon, 28 Sep 2009 12:08:07 -0700, duketter
wrote:

Excel 2007 - I have a worksheet where column B is filled with random scores.
In column C I would like to have the corresponding score in column B ranked
against all the other scores in column B so it would rank each of the scores
between 1-10.

Example:
Column B Column C
9.56 2
10.12 1
8.11 4
8.99 3
etc.

If the value in column B changes (it sometimes does) then all the ranks in
column C should adjust accordingly. Is this possible?

Thanks!

If your data starts on row 1, try this in cell C1

=RANK(B1,B$1:B$100)

change the 100 to fit the size of your data in column B.

copy down as far as there is data in column B.

Hope this helps / Lars-Åke