Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default can't open Excel File attached to Excel File

Hi, I can open attached excel file in the excel file. So, I attach it first
following steps below. Click Insert Object Create from File
Then click Browse to navigate to folder,
select the excel file Insert
Then Check "Display as icon" OK
But after it is done. I can't open attachement. Double click doesn't help,
right click doesn't give me any options to choose from to open this file. I'd
appreciate any suggestions.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Whether the referred Excel file is lying in the same location?

If this post helps, Click Yes!
--------------------
(Ms-Exl-Learner)
--------------------

"Renko" wrote:

Hi, I can open attached excel file in the excel file. So, I attach it first
following steps below. Click Insert Object Create from File
Then click Browse to navigate to folder,
select the excel file Insert
Then Check "Display as icon" OK
But after it is done. I can't open attachement. Double click doesn't help,
right click doesn't give me any options to choose from to open this file. I'd
appreciate any suggestions.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Both of the files are saved on my hard drive, and I didn't change location
for the referred file. Even if I did, i thought it still should have been
able to open, since it's not a link, I attache it as a 'display as an icon'.
Eventually I need to email it.