Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Copying to a new workbook without formulas referencing original wk

I have a workbook that contains four weeks of rolling data. Each week I
have to copy the previous 3 weeks in to a new workbook. When I do this the
formulas in the new workbook all reference the old workbook. I am using
excel 2003.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The easiest way I have seen to do what you want is to modify all the
formulas before you copy so that you aren't copying formulas. Do this.
Select the whole range that you want to copy. Do Edit - Replace - Enter an
equal sign (=) for what you want to replace - Enter $$$$$ for what you want
to replace the equal signs with. Hit OK. Do your copy and paste. In your
destination sheet, select the whole range that you just pasted, and replace
all the $$$$$ with equal signs. Done. HTH Otto