Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default I can't insert an @ (at symbol) into all cells in a column.

Hey guys i need some help here. I have tried using the Replace option, but I
get the error "That function is not valid."

I do not know how to use Macros enough to make this happen.

I'm the manager of a cell phone store and I want to send a text to my
customer's phones from my store's e-mail account. I have a huge list of phone
numbers and in order to send a message from my e-mail account, each line in
this file must have the following added to the end of it:
@message.alltel.com, (and the comma after the 'm' is correct)

Any help that can be provided would be greatly appreciated!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Blake" wrote in message
Hey guys i need some help here. I have tried using the Replace option, but
get the error "That function is not valid."

I do not know how to use Macros enough to make this happen.

I'm the manager of a cell phone store and I want to send a text to my
customer's phones from my store's e-mail account. I have a huge list of
phone
numbers and in order to send a message from my e-mail account, each line
in
this file must have the following added to the end of it:
@message.alltel.com, (and the comma after the 'm' is correct)

Any help that can be provided would be greatly appreciated!

The Concatenate function should do the trick!

Say your phone numbers are in Column A starting at A1. In B1 type
,"). Drag the formula down column B as
far as necessary. This should give the result you want although, depending
on how you are going to use the numbers, you may need to copy column B and
Paste Values into say column C (to get rid of the formulae).

Hope this helps,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

That certainly did the trick... I've worked with Excel for 10 years, but
rarely do I do anything outside the bounds of what you guys on this forum
would call "petty" so the help is much appreciated! :)