Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Wrapping text

I am working on a spreadsheet that is mostly text. Many of the cells have
quite a bit of text in them. In one particular cell, I get the ##### which
indicate to me that the cell is not wide enough to accommodate the text. I
have deleted and re-entered the text several times. The cell is not merged,
text wrapping is turned on, there are no numbers or formulas or special
formatting in the text. Even by manually dragging the cell border down to
make the cell border bigger, I cannot get the text to appear. Other cells in
the document with a similar amount of text are just fine. Any suggestions?
--
argo
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Is the cell formatted as text. If so try reformatting as general.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"argo" wrote:

I am working on a spreadsheet that is mostly text. Many of the cells have
quite a bit of text in them. In one particular cell, I get the ##### which
indicate to me that the cell is not wide enough to accommodate the text. I
have deleted and re-entered the text several times. The cell is not merged,
text wrapping is turned on, there are no numbers or formulas or special
formatting in the text. Even by manually dragging the cell border down to
make the cell border bigger, I cannot get the text to appear. Other cells in
the document with a similar amount of text are just fine. Any suggestions?
--
argo

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Copy/Paste the text in that cell into a reply to this message so that we can
test what you are talking about.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"argo" wrote in message
I am working on a spreadsheet that is mostly text. Many of the cells have
quite a bit of text in them. In one particular cell, I get the #####
which
indicate to me that the cell is not wide enough to accommodate the text.
have deleted and re-entered the text several times. The cell is not
merged,
text wrapping is turned on, there are no numbers or formulas or special
formatting in the text. Even by manually dragging the cell border down to
make the cell border bigger, I cannot get the text to appear. Other cells
in
the document with a similar amount of text are just fine. Any
suggestions?
--
argo

Text wrapping Steve Moss Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 February 27th 09 09:27 AM
Wrapping Text WSR New Users to Excel 3 November 9th 08 01:10 AM
text wrapping when text is pasted in excel psipg Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 December 5th 06 07:25 PM
wrapping text Jerry Excel Worksheet Functions 10 July 3rd 06 03:12 PM
I am using wrap text in excel, so why isn't all my text wrapping? GatorDawg123 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 May 6th 06 05:52 PM