Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Copy Paste function quit working

It was working earlier today. Tried to copy from one file to another....which
i do all day and nothing happens. THe computer is only 2 days old and I have
never experienced a similar issue. I tried shutting down and rebooting still
won't work. The copy function does hightlight the text but and will paste on
the same sheet but not to another file. Please help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Is the other file open in the same instance of XL or are you running multiple
instances. That can cause problems...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"drew" wrote:

It was working earlier today. Tried to copy from one file to another....which
i do all day and nothing happens. THe computer is only 2 days old and I have
never experienced a similar issue. I tried shutting down and rebooting still
won't work. The copy function does hightlight the text but and will paste on
the same sheet but not to another file. Please help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Jim,

I get the same problem, usually when I'm copy/pasting from 2 separate
instances of XL.

What's the issue and is there a fix?