Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I save a file with decimal number

Hi,
I try to run macro to save a csv download file with filename as yesterday
and a last cell on excel sheet which has formula sum up in column. such as
09-19-$3659.45, SAVE AS normal excel file, but the saved filename display
only 09-19-$3659 and without two decimal or with decimal but file icon is not
an excel icon. I can't get it work correctly. Can any help on this?
Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try adding the .XLS extension..!
eg.. 09-19-$3659.45.XLS

HTH

"soeo22" wrote in message
| Hi,
| I try to run macro to save a csv download file with filename as
yesterday
| and a last cell on excel sheet which has formula sum up in column.
such as
| 09-19-$3659.45, SAVE AS normal excel file, but the saved filename
display
| only 09-19-$3659 and without two decimal or with decimal but file
icon is not
| an excel icon. I can't get it work correctly. Can any help on
this?
| Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="C:\Gordstuff\" & _
Format(Date - 1, "mm-dd-") & _
Format(Sheets("Sheet6").Range("A3"), "$#,##0.00") & ".xls"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP