Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Converting Time in a number

I am currently trying to convert a difference in time, to a number so that i
can use it in a equation. What i want to do is subtract the times from each
other so that i get something like 12:45 - 12:20 = 25 mins so that i can
take 150 MJ/min x 25 mins to get 3750 MJ. However every time i do this my
answer gets a date value, so then i format my cell to be a number not a time
it gives me 0 as a result. Can you please help. Below is what i am looking
for.
What i have is this
Date Time Average Energy Used Total Energy Used
1/1/09 12:00 - MJ/min
1/1/09 12:10 124 MJ/min
1/1/09 12:20 125 MJ/min
1/1/09 12:45 150 MJ/min
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,
multiply the difference by the number of minutes in a day, (1440) and
format the result as a number

"Soccerboy83" wrote:

I am currently trying to convert a difference in time, to a number so that i
can use it in a equation. What i want to do is subtract the times from each
other so that i get something like 12:45 - 12:20 = 25 mins so that i can
take 150 MJ/min x 25 mins to get 3750 MJ. However every time i do this my
answer gets a date value, so then i format my cell to be a number not a time
it gives me 0 as a result. Can you please help. Below is what i am looking
for.
What i have is this
Date Time Average Energy Used Total Energy Used
1/1/09 12:00 - MJ/min