Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default "Calculating Cells: 20%", etc.

Just wondering if there's anyway to speed up an Excel file, or if it is
strictly to do with our server and there's nothing I can do. I am using
Excel 2003 SP3. My workbook contains 16 worksheets, with links. The main
data worksheet now contains 1,394 rows. If I make one little change in one
cell, it take forever to recalculate the worksheet. Is there anyway to
speed this up? Thank you. Connie
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Batch up your changes:

1. set the calculation mode to manual
2. type in your updates
3. calculate the worksheet manually with F9
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200903

"Connie Martin" wrote:

Just wondering if there's anyway to speed up an Excel file, or if it is
strictly to do with our server and there's nothing I can do. I am using
Excel 2003 SP3. My workbook contains 16 worksheets, with links. The main
data worksheet now contains 1,394 rows. If I make one little change in one
cell, it take forever to recalculate the worksheet. Is there anyway to
speed this up? Thank you. Connie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you! This works better. It still calculates the cells slowly but at
least I can choose when it caculates, instead of it interrupting me for every
little change I would make. I was actually typing data into a much smaller
spreadsheet and pasting it in this big one because it was so slow, but I
don't have to do that any more, so you've saved me time. Thanks again!
Connie