Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Conditional Formating in Excel

I would like a cell to change color when a range of other cells all have a
value entered.
The cell I want to automatically format has the Sum function for a range of
cells in it. When the range of cells that are being being used for the Sum
function all have a value entered I would like the cell with the Sum to
change either background color or font color. Is there an easy way to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Let's assume A1 contains the formula =SUM(B1:B10)

Select cell A1
Goto the menu FormatConditional Formatting
Select the Formula Is option
Enter this formula in the box on the right:
=COUNT(B1:B10)=ROWS(B1:B10)
Click the Format button
Select the desired style(s)
OK out

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Arne" wrote in message
I would like a cell to change color when a range of other cells all have a
value entered.
The cell I want to automatically format has the Sum function for a range
of
cells in it. When the range of cells that are being being used for the Sum
function all have a value entered I would like the cell with the Sum to
change either background color or font color. Is there an easy way to do
this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It didn't seem to work for me. Here is the formula in the cell I would like
to change the format of if all other cells have a value.
=IF(SUM(Q4:AH4)=1,SUM(Q4:AH4),"")

"Arne" wrote in message
I would like a cell to change color when a range of other cells all have a
value entered.
The cell I want to automatically format has the Sum function for a range
of
cells in it. When the range of cells that are being being used for the Sum
function all have a value entered I would like the cell with the Sum to
change either background color or font color. Is there an easy way to do
this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ok, try this:

=COUNT(Q4:AH4)=COLUMNS(Q4:AH4)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Arne" wrote in message
I would like a cell to change color when a range of other cells all have
value entered.
The cell I want to automatically format has the Sum function for a
range
of
cells in it. When the range of cells that are being being used for the
Sum
function all have a value entered I would like the cell with the Sum to
change either background color or font color. Is there an easy way to
do
this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

That works, Thanks a lot.

"T. Valko" wrote:

Ok, try this:

=COUNT(Q4:AH4)=COLUMNS(Q4:AH4)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Arne" wrote in message
I would like a cell to change color when a range of other cells all have
value entered.
The cell I want to automatically format has the Sum function for a
range
of
cells in it. When the range of cells that are being being used for the
Sum
function all have a value entered I would like the cell with the Sum to
change either background color or font color. Is there an easy way to
do
this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Biff