Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Do you want to replace the destination cells?

Hi
When copying and pasting in a spreadsheet I am getting the message
"Do you want to replace the destination cells"
I don't know why this message has started to appear, I must have hit
something.
Anyone know how to fix please?
--
Martin
©¿©¬
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Tools Options Edit clear the alert before overwrighting cells checkbox.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200903

"Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net" wrote:

Hi
When copying and pasting in a spreadsheet I am getting the message
"Do you want to replace the destination cells"
I don't know why this message has started to appear, I must have hit
something.
Anyone know how to fix please?
--
Martin
©¿©¬

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Sun, 13 Sep 2009 06:04:01 -0700, Gary''s Student
wrote:

Tools Options Edit clear the alert before overwrighting cells checkbox.

Thanks Gary
Took me a while to find it - using 2007
I have no idea what changed my settings !!
Only started happening this week
--
Martin
©¿©¬
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

wrote:

Tools Options Edit clear the alert before overwrighting cells checkbox.

Still having this problem ?--
Martin
©¿©¬
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In 2007, click the fat button in the upper left of the screen. Then click
the Excel Options in the lower right. Then click Advanced. Then clear the
alert.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200903

wrote:

Tools Options Edit clear the alert before overwrighting cells checkbox.

Still having this problem ?--
Martin
©¿©¬

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I am using Excel2003 (SP3) on a PC and I have this problem. It's coming up
when using copy (or cut) and paste, NOT drag&drop. I've tried unchecking the
option related tod&d anyway (via tools/options/edit) but it happens either
way. From what I've read, it's NOT supposed to be giving a warning... ?

Interestingly, if I copy/cut one cell, it does not warn me. If i try two or
more, it has the warning box.

Anyone know how to fix in this version, or am I stuck with an incredibly
annoying "feature"?

flerdle