Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DLF DLF is offline

Default Problem with printing a border in Excel 2007

I have a worksheet where the right hand most column has a bold border on its
right hand side. The column is shaded. It appears fine, but when I go to
print the worksheet (highlighting the cells and telling it to "print
selection," one cell in that column is missing its right hand border.

I've tried adding one more column to the right in the selection but it
doesn't help. I've tried deleting the row and then typing the contents back
in, but that doesn't help either. Help please!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DLF DLF is offline

Sorry... I discovered it was a simple problem of the words in that one cell
trying to flow over to the cell on the right (even though it appeared to be
fine while in the worksheet itself--the problem only appearing when I viewed
it in "Page Break Preview" or when it was actually printed). The simple
solution - widen the column. I figured it was something simple. Dumb!

"dlf" wrote:

I have a worksheet where the right hand most column has a bold border on its
right hand side. The column is shaded. It appears fine, but when I go to
print the worksheet (highlighting the cells and telling it to "print
selection," one cell in that column is missing its right hand border.

I've tried adding one more column to the right in the selection but it
doesn't help. I've tried deleting the row and then typing the contents back
in, but that doesn't help either. Help please!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

dlf wrote:
I have a worksheet where the right hand most column has a bold border on its
right hand side. The column is shaded. It appears fine, but when I go to
print the worksheet (highlighting the cells and telling it to "print
selection," one cell in that column is missing its right hand border.

I've tried adding one more column to the right in the selection but it
doesn't help. I've tried deleting the row and then typing the contents back
in, but that doesn't help either. Help please!

Try right-clicking the affected cell, select Format. On the Format
dialog box select Borders. Check to see whether there's a border for the
right vertical side.

Does print preview show a border for this cell?

Bill

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DLF DLF is offline

Thanks Bill. Yes, I had tried checking the format on that one cell and the
border was there. It only disappeared once I tried to "print preview" the
worksheet. But it was, as I say, a simple problem of the text content being
too wide, so when I increased the column width, everything was fine. I
repeat: "Dumb" on my part! I thought I had tried everything. Thanks for your
help.