Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default create line graph with 3 variables?

I work for a church that has 3 Sunday morning services; 8:00, 9:30 and 11:00.
Attendance can range anywhere from 3000 to 300.
I need to create a line graph tracking the attendance of each service
(preferably all on one graph) comparing 2007, 2008 and 2009 attendance
numbers. I see 3 variables: date, time of service, attendance. How do I put
the info in excel to get a graph like that?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

With your data something like this it is reasonblyy straing forward...

8:30 9:30 11:00
Jan-07 873 2690 2260
Feb-07 2610 2414 1385
Mar-07 432 2578 2491
Apr-07 2358 2048 2035
May-07 1402 185 2363
Jun-07 2625 1676 1245
Jul-07 1888 184 1534
Aug-07 2238 322 1688
Sep-07 692 378 1614

This generates 3 different series (lines).

Things get more complicated if you want a year over year comparison instead
of running your time line straight out.

--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson