Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ty ty is offline

Default Find repetive data and calculate

I have a Sheet 1, column A with random multiple items/data, some repeated.
In Sheet 2 Column A, I have a clean list with no repeats of those items. I
need a formula that will identify how many times an item appears in Sheet 1
column A. Ex. if ABC123 appears 14 times in column A. I would like my
output to show: ABC123, 14
Thanks, Ty
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use a Countif in Column B of Sheet 2 (this would be the formula for cell B1)

=COUNTIF(Sheet1!A:A,A1)
--
If this helps, please remember to click yes.