Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default very repetive formula needs looking at

Hi All

=IF('Date Details'!C3=Itininary!L4,('Date Details'!C5),IF('Date
Details'!D3=Itininary!L4,('Date Details'!D5),IF('Date
Details'!E3=Itininary!L4,('Date Details'!E5),(0))))

In the above I am seaching along row 3 starting from c to Find a date match
in Itininary L4 WHEN IT IS ACHIEVED RETURNS TEXT IN 'DATE DETAILS'! row 5.

Trouble is row 3 goes thru 253 columms. Can this repetive formula me made
shorter ,and in the process I learn More, or do i have to keep going 253
times?

Thanks to all you helpers out there. I look forward to being able to answer
a few questions myself

Stew
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Stew

try
=HLOOKUP(Itininary!L4,'Date Details'!$C3:$IV4,2,0)

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"stew" wrote in message
Hi All

=IF('Date Details'!C3=Itininary!L4,('Date Details'!C5),IF('Date
Details'!D3=Itininary!L4,('Date Details'!D5),IF('Date
Details'!E3=Itininary!L4,('Date Details'!E5),(0))))

In the above I am seaching along row 3 starting from c to Find a date
match
in Itininary L4 WHEN IT IS ACHIEVED RETURNS TEXT IN 'DATE DETAILS'! row
5.

Trouble is row 3 goes thru 253 columms. Can this repetive formula me made
shorter ,and in the process I learn More, or do i have to keep going 253
times?

Thanks to all you helpers out there. I look forward to being able to
answer
a few questions myself

Stew

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This is brilliant however when it finds value in L4 IT RETURNS THE VALUE IN
ROW 4 OF THAT COLUMN AND NOT ROW 5 AS IT SHOULD

ANY THOUGHTS

BEST

STEW, AND THANKS FOR THIS

"stew" wrote in message
Hi All

=IF('Date Details'!C3=Itininary!L4,('Date Details'!C5),IF('Date
Details'!D3=Itininary!L4,('Date Details'!D5),IF('Date
Details'!E3=Itininary!L4,('Date Details'!E5),(0))))

In the above I am seaching along row 3 starting from c to Find a date
match
in Itininary L4 WHEN IT IS ACHIEVED RETURNS TEXT IN 'DATE DETAILS'! row
5.

Trouble is row 3 goes thru 253 columms. Can this repetive formula me made
shorter ,and in the process I learn More, or do i have to keep going 253
times?

Thanks to all you helpers out there. I look forward to being able to
answer
a few questions myself

Stew

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Just a guess, but would it be

=HLOOKUP(Itininary!L4,'Date Details'!$C3:$IV5,3,0)

?

--JP

"stew" wrote in message
Hi All

=IF('Date Details'!C3=Itininary!L4,('Date Details'!C5),IF('Date
Details'!D3=Itininary!L4,('Date Details'!D5),IF('Date
Details'!E3=Itininary!L4,('Date Details'!E5),(0))))

In the above I am seaching along row 3 starting from c to Find a date
match
in Itininary L4 WHEN IT IS ACHIEVED RETURNS TEXT IN 'DATE DETAILS'! *row
5.

Trouble is row 3 goes thru 253 columms. Can this repetive formula me made
shorter ,and in the process I learn More, or do i have to keep going 253
times?

Thanks to all you helpers out there. I look forward to being able to
answer
a few questions myself

Stew- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Just change:

$IV4,2

to:

$IV5,3

Hope this helps.

Pete

"stew" wrote in message
Hi All

=IF('Date Details'!C3=Itininary!L4,('Date Details'!C5),IF('Date
Details'!D3=Itininary!L4,('Date Details'!D5),IF('Date
Details'!E3=Itininary!L4,('Date Details'!E5),(0))))

In the above I am seaching along row 3 starting from c to Find a date
match
in Itininary L4 WHEN IT IS ACHIEVED RETURNS TEXT IN 'DATE DETAILS'! *row
5.

Trouble is row 3 goes thru 253 columms. Can this repetive formula me made
shorter ,and in the process I learn More, or do i have to keep going 253
times?

Thanks to all you helpers out there. I look forward to being able to
answer
a few questions myself

Stew- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Roger JP and Pete

Thank you

Stew

"Pete_UK" wrote:

Just change:

$IV4,2

to:

$IV5,3

Hope this helps.

Pete

"stew" wrote in message
Hi All

=IF('Date Details'!C3=Itininary!L4,('Date Details'!C5),IF('Date
Details'!D3=Itininary!L4,('Date Details'!D5),IF('Date
Details'!E3=Itininary!L4,('Date Details'!E5),(0))))

In the above I am seaching along row 3 starting from c to Find a date
match
in Itininary L4 WHEN IT IS ACHIEVED RETURNS TEXT IN 'DATE DETAILS'! row
5.

Trouble is row 3 goes thru 253 columms. Can this repetive formula me made
shorter ,and in the process I learn More, or do i have to keep going 253
times?

Thanks to all you helpers out there. I look forward to being able to
answer
a few questions myself

Stew- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

[...]