LilLiz

Default Why wont my comments copy from 1 workbook to another??

I have tried everything to get the comments and contents of cells from 1
workbook to copy to another. When I use the Paste Special option I do not
get the correct dialogue box to open. (the one that asks if you want to
paste all, formats, comments, etc. with selection check boxes) I get the
Paste Special dialogue box opening that says Paste Special as: Microsoft
Office Excell Worksheet Object, Bitmap, Biff5, 4, 3 etc. What is happening??
How do I fix this problem???

Jim Rech

I get the Paste Special dialogue box opening that says Paste Special as:
Microsoft

Office Excell Worksheet Object, Bitmap, Biff5, 4, 3 etc.

That's what you get when you try to paste between two instances of Excel.
To get the usual PS dialog both workbooks must be open in the same Excel
instance.

--
Jim
"LilLiz" wrote in message
|I have tried everything to get the comments and contents of cells from 1
| workbook to copy to another. When I use the Paste Special option I do not
| get the correct dialogue box to open. (the one that asks if you want to
| paste all, formats, comments, etc. with selection check boxes) I get the
| Paste Special dialogue box opening that says Paste Special as: Microsoft
| Office Excell Worksheet Object, Bitmap, Biff5, 4, 3 etc. What is
happening??
| How do I fix this problem???

LilLiz

Thanks Jim that worked just fine!!!

Thank you so much, wow was I ever getting frustrated!! :)

"LilLiz" wrote in message
|I have tried everything to get the comments and contents of cells from 1
| workbook to copy to another. When I use the Paste Special option I do not
| get the correct dialogue box to open. (the one that asks if you want to
| paste all, formats, comments, etc. with selection check boxes) I get the
| Paste Special dialogue box opening that says Paste Special as: Microsoft
| Office Excell Worksheet Object, Bitmap, Biff5, 4, 3 etc. What is
happening??
| How do I fix this problem???

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Is there any way to get around the issue of having to be in the same instance
of Excel? I have dual monitors set up and am looking at each worksheet on a
separate monitor which requires that I have 2 instances of Excel running. I
need to see both sheets as I'm copying and pasting and I also need those
comments to paste. Very frustrating.
Peg