Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default 2 workbooks open when Starting

Whenever I open a saved or new workbook, it brings that workbook up but also
brings up another workbook titled "Personal." So two workbooks open
everytime, any ideas?

Thanks in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Personal.xls is your personal macro workbook wherein macros are stored to
make them available to all open workbooks.

It is generally hidden so's you don't see it.

If you want to keep it, simply go to Window and select it then WindowHide

Close Excel and when asked, click "yes" to do you want to save changes.

Personal.xls is stored in your XLSTART folder.

You can remove it from there if you don't want it opening.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 6 Sep 2009 07:35:01 -0700, Jeff
wrote:

Whenever I open a saved or new workbook, it brings that workbook up but also
brings up another workbook titled "Personal." So two workbooks open
everytime, any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Personal is a special workbook in the XLSTART directory that can be used to
hold your set of personal macros. It is normally hidden. Did you create it?

--
HTH

Bob