Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I export XLS tables to MySQL?

How do I export XLS tables to MySQL?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There is no direct means in excel to export to a database. Access has the
capability to import execel data. You can export data from excel to a CSV
file and then import the CSV into a database. You also can write a macro to
perform the export one row at a time.

It is not clear what you mean by MySQL. can you be more specific about what
database you are trying put the data into.

How do I export XLS tables to MySQL?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The same thing applies as what I said in my previous posting. Do you have
any macro code that you are presently using? I'm not sure what you a
refering to by an engine. An engine implies Maicrosoft jet engine. If this
is the case then you probably have some macro code running. Access VBA code
can be run from excel VBA with only monor modifications. Post any code you
may have.

How do I export XLS tables to MySQL?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Joel:

The term "database engine" can be applied to the set of programs that power
a database, usually a relational database.

When applied to MySQL, the term refers to the set of programs that power the
MySQL database. MySQL is Sun Microsystems' open-source relational database.

The client's XLS tables do not contain any macros.

"lobl" wrote:

How do I export XLS tables to MySQL?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

My original answer still apllies. I said there is no way of direcctly
exporting the data. That meant there is no menu option to perform tjhis
task. I also don't know what features your engine has for importing data.
Thre are a number of ways of indirectly exporting the data

1) If your database is web based you can write a macro that opens an IE
(internet explorer) application and writes the data to an web entry form
2) You can export the data from excel into a text file and then importing
the text file into your database. You might be able just to save the excel
sheet in CSV format and then import the CSV file into your database. Or you
may have to write a macro to get the data in the format the database
requires. The column which excel outputs the data may not be in the same
order that the database requires
3) Write a macro that opens the database using ADO or DAO method and then
writes the data to the database using SQL format.
4) Use an import feature in your database that opens an excel file. Access
has such a feature.

None of these methods uses a magical button in excel that directly does the
writing for you.