Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Getting an average using if statement

I have 9 cells in several locations that I am using the average formula. I
am also linking it to another spreadsheet for general reporting of
efficiency's. Thing is when the cells are empty, I am getting the #DIV/0!
for overall average. Is there a way of using the if statement in the average
so the cell has nothing in it when there is nothing to report?
--
B9M
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=IF(COUNT(A1:A10),AVERAGE(A1:A10),"")

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Black9Medic" wrote:

I have 9 cells in several locations that I am using the average formula. I
am also linking it to another spreadsheet for general reporting of
efficiency's. Thing is when the cells are empty, I am getting the #DIV/0!
for overall average. Is there a way of using the if statement in the average
so the cell has nothing in it when there is nothing to report?
--
B9M

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I tried it but now it is giving me "False".
In one section, I have percentages in cells D23, I23, and N23. When there
is no info in them, I get the false statement instead of a blank cell.
--
B9M

"Black9Medic" wrote:

I have 9 cells in several locations that I am using the average formula. I
am also linking it to another spreadsheet for general reporting of
efficiency's. Thing is when the cells are empty, I am getting the #DIV/0!
for overall average. Is there a way of using the if statement in the average
so the cell has nothing in it when there is nothing to report?
--
B9M

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You changed Jacob's formula incorrectly.

Look at those "" and make sure you have them in your formula.

If this doesn't help, post your current formula.

"Black9Medic" wrote:

I have 9 cells in several locations that I am using the average formula. I
am also linking it to another spreadsheet for general reporting of
efficiency's. Thing is when the cells are empty, I am getting the #DIV/0!
for overall average. Is there a way of using the if statement in the average
so the cell has nothing in it when there is nothing to report?
--
B9M

--

Dave Peterson