Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default update a word as a prefix in a column for all rows.

Hi i have an excel spread sheet of around 200 rows, in one of its column i
want to update a word as a prefix to text in all the rows.

Is there any ways (shortcut) i can update the prefix by some formulas or
logical function?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Say we have text in column Y and we want to prefix all the cells with the text:

Rahul

In another column (working) enter:
="Rauhl" & Y1 and copy down

Then copy the working column and paste/special/values back onto column Y
Then clear the working column.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200902

"Rahul Srivastava" wrote:

Hi i have an excel spread sheet of around 200 rows, in one of its column i
want to update a word as a prefix to text in all the rows.

Is there any ways (shortcut) i can update the prefix by some formulas or
logical function?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you want a macro................

Sub Add_Text_Left()
Dim Cell As Range
Dim moretext As String
Dim thisrng As Range
On Error GoTo endit
Set thisrng = Range(ActiveCell.Address & "," & Selection.Address) _
.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants, xlTextValues)
moretext = InputBox("Enter your Text")
For Each Cell In thisrng
Cell.Value = moretext & Cell.Value
Next