Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default conditional formatting of Saturday/Sunday in calendar

I've got a simple calendar. I want to format the rows that refer to Saturday
and Sunday. It seems like it should be easy, but since the text is auto
generated, I can't seem to used it in a formula i.e.
Format Only Cells That Contain
Specific Text containing Saturday

I know I've done this before but it's been a while. Anybody have any bright
ideas?

Thank you!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Valorie,

Use the formula is option, with the formula

=WEEKDAY(A1,2)5

Replace A1 with the cell address - if you are formatting entire rows based on a single column, then
use the $A1 absolute reference style

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Valorie" wrote in message
I've got a simple calendar. I want to format the rows that refer to Saturday
and Sunday. It seems like it should be easy, but since the text is auto
generated, I can't seem to used it in a formula i.e.
Format Only Cells That Contain
Specific Text containing Saturday

I know I've done this before but it's been a while. Anybody have any bright
ideas?

Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If the cells in question are actual Excel dates, then use a custom
Conditional Formatting formula of

=WEEKDAY(A1)=7

Select the cells to highlight, open CF and specify "Use Function" and
use the function above. Change the A1 to the first cell that is to be
formatted.

If the cells actually contain "Saturday" as text, not as a date, use a
formula of

=A1="Saturday"

as the custom formula in CF.

Cordially,