Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chip Pearson Chip Pearson is offline

Default conditional formatting of Saturday/Sunday in calendar

If the cells in question are actual Excel dates, then use a custom
Conditional Formatting formula of

=WEEKDAY(A1)=7

Select the cells to highlight, open CF and specify "Use Function" and
use the function above. Change the A1 to the first cell that is to be
formatted.

If the cells actually contain "Saturday" as text, not as a date, use a
formula of

=A1="Saturday"

as the custom formula in CF.

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional
Excel Product Group, 1998 - 2009
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com
(email on web site)

On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 07:01:01 -0700, Valorie
wrote:

I've got a simple calendar. I want to format the rows that refer to Saturday
and Sunday. It seems like it should be easy, but since the text is auto
generated, I can't seem to used it in a formula i.e.
Format Only Cells That Contain
Specific Text containing Saturday

I know I've done this before but it's been a while. Anybody have any bright
ideas?

Thank you!