Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default A Long List of Multiple Hyperlinks

Every week I create an availability list of our products and I would like to
link each product to a picture of itself that we store on our website.
Is there a way to easily turn the name of each product into a hyperlink that
points to each picture?
I was thinking of making a separate table with the names of everything we
carry and then a list of the URLs for each product next to their name. Then,
after I have dumped the weeks available inventory into a list, I would set up
an IF function to check each name in the list and transform it into a
hyperlink that points to the URL of the products picture.
Is there an easier way to do this? This seems cumbersome to me but I have
little experience with Excel beyond the basics.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Check out the HYPERLINK function in XL Help. This will enable you to
pick up a URL from a cell and jump there if the cell is clicked - so
you only need one formula copied down a column.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Aug 27, 10:21*pm, Lonemind
wrote:
Every week I create an availability list of our products and I would like to
link each product to a picture of itself that we store on our website.
Is there a way to easily turn the name of each product into a hyperlink that
points to each picture?
I was thinking of making a separate table with the names of everything we
carry and then a list of the URLs for each product next to their name. Then,
after I have dumped the weeks available inventory into a list, I would set up
an IF function to check each name in the list and transform it into a
hyperlink that points to the URL of the products picture.
Is there an easier way to do this? This seems cumbersome to me but I have
little experience with Excel beyond the basics.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you very much Pete. The Hyperlink Help file was the first thing I
checked.
I probably didn't explain myself very well.
I have a list of various different products that each have a unique URL. I
can set up each product to have a hyperlink. That's no problem. The problem
is that I have about 500 different products and setting each one up every
week is very time consuming.
I would like an easy way to have excel recognize each product and
automatically assign a URL and hyperlink to the product.