Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default I'm trying to add time differences in h:mm:ss, but SUM won't work

any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In the future, keep your subjet line short, and post the majority of your
question in the body.

SUM is used to add a range of cells together. If you want the time
difference between two cells, simply subtract them, and format cells as
h:mm:ss
=A3-A2
or
=TEXT(A3-A2,"h:mm:ss")

Where A3 is the later time, A2 is the first/earlier time.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

seems this would require some more information. Are you summing more than 24
hours? If so, go to Format Cells and change to Custom formattiing, [h]:mm:ss

any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Maybe you just have to format the cell with the formula(s):
[hh]:mm:ss

If this doesn't help, you may want to explain what's going wrong.

Emily wrote:

any suggestions?

--

Dave Peterson