Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default If I press Save instead of Save as where's my file?

I amended an excel file that was an attachment to an email.
Instead of pressing save as I pressed save.
where has my file been saved to????
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Aug 27, 1:20*pm, Ginger wrote:
I amended an excel file that was an attachment to an email.
Instead of pressing save as I pressed save.
where has my file been saved to????

It has been saved to where ever your file is currently located. To
find this out click on save as and it will tell you what the name is
and file location.

Jay
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,
it will go to a temporaty file, to see the root I recommend you to open
another email with attachment, first save it, then push save as an writte the
directory, the other file will be there as well

if this helps please click yes thanks

"Ginger" wrote:

I amended an excel file that was an attachment to an email.
Instead of pressing save as I pressed save.
where has my file been saved to????

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Aug 27, 1:20*pm, Ginger wrote:
I amended an excel file that was an attachment to an email.
Instead of pressing save as I pressed save.
where has my file been saved to????

I am sorry for the last post. It has been saved back to the email.
If you clicked do not save changes when you closed the email then the
changes will not be sasved. If you did click save then it is ok and
you just have to reopen the email.
Jay
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Open your e-mail again. the attachment should be updated.